Art Opening & Coffee Talk

Friday night, August 2, the Tall Grass Arts Association in Park Forest hosted an opening reception called "Showing Off" featuring its gallery artists. Each artist was allowed to enter one piece in the show.

Tall Grass Art Gallery is a beautiful and active gallery set in the southern suburbs of Chicago.   

Friday night artists reception
Here I am with my art entry: Pastel "Late Winter Forest Lane" AND my new Chix that Stitch infinity scarf that I turned into a cool necklace along with my Chix That Stitch peace t-shirt.



Tall Grass created giclee prints from three entries for the purpose of fundraising for the gallery. I was honored to have my piece chosen and hope the gallery raises a lot of money! The winners of the raffle will be chosen at the close of the show on September 22.
Giclee Print of my piece for the raffle
 Janet Muchnik, tireless organizer for TGAA
Janet making announcements at the opening

 The morning after the opening reception the TG Gallery hosts a Coffee Talk where three artists are invited to tell their story about their art and/or process. Again, I was pleased to be asked to participate and I talked about my journey from artist to writer.
Telling my story.

The Gallery was gracious enough to allow me to sell and sign my book after the talk. Thanks to everyone who purchased a copy of The Bunco Club.




Karen and Sharon
Long-time buddie Sharon

A BIG thank you to Janice, CouSondra, Faye, and Janet for another wonderful Tall Grass Gallery Show!







Comments

  1. LOVE the Chix pieces together! Congrats on your piece being chosen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had fun wearing them on opening night! Your items are amazing =) www.http://chixthatstitch.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts