Seam Ripper, Pin Cushion, and Fall in Chicago

Am I the only one who didn't know what that little ball was for on a seam ripper?


I just ran across this YouTube video and I haven't tried the technique so I can't vouch for it but WOW if this works ... I'll be a happy ripper!
I can't wait to try this!

***

I'm loving this sturdy jeans pin cushion. The instructions are in Swedish and I ran them through the Google translator and got a choppy version of directions. I'm thinking maybe a tuna can and some stuffing/batting...
Website: Jeans Pin Cushion
Translation of instructions from Swedish to English:
I do not know how long I thought that I should sew a pincushion or two. I use the little puny pad that sits on top of the can when buying needles. It is short, frayed and small. Now it was a good girl in "We Sytokiga" on facebook that inspired me to finally get started. Obviously I want to do it my way and then it's not entirely surprising that I sewed the cushion from recycled jeans. As a base, I have a tin box as it has been in the candy and the filling comes from an old mattress.

*** 
Enjoy Photos of the Beautiful City of Chicago in Fall



The Bean



***
Love These...





 Happy Stitching and Reading!

Comments

  1. LOVE the pin cushion! Such a great way to upcycle an old pair of jeans!

    Your Chicago fall pictures are incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts