The Magic of Printers Row Lit Fest in Chicago


There are magical moments throughout the year in the beautiful city of Chicago. This past weekend I was thrilled to take place in one of them with four wonderful hours of participation at Printers Row Lit Fest.

Several city blocks are closed to cars and opened to book lovers perusing tents and tables of authors and books. As a member of the Chicago Writers Association, I had secured my four hour time-slot the nanosecond the email went out. For a very reasonable $45.00, I could share a table with another author in the heart of the Lit Fest.

Here I am, all set up at 2:00 sharp. Don't my quilts look colorful compared to the black table toppers that everyone else had? It sure drew attention to my little three foot area which was just what I wanted to happen!

 Sales were brisk ... Yippee!
Chatting it up with readers
With Tori Collins, President of CWA and a fantastic woman!
Overview of a very small portion of the Lit Fest
If you've never been to Printers Row but love to read, make it a point to look into it in early June next year.

Two Other Fun Events:

The Park Forest Library Knit Lit Book Club read my first book The Bunco Club for their May book. We had a small but VERY lively group and discussion. Truly lovely people who inspired me to hurry up with my crochet lessons!

The Knit Lit Gals. Thanks Millie and Renee for organizing a wonderful evening
Check out these cute treats! Yum!
An impressive treat table for a fun night.

Peotone Public Library Book Club had a good size group and our time together was delightful. It's so much fun to talk to a room full of people who have read your book, and can't wait to get their hands on the next in the series! Thank you ladies (and the one man in the group!) for your thoughts and insights.



TREATS!

As always, thanks for looking. I appreciate your continued interest in my journey.
Karen


Comments

Popular Posts