Rosemont Rocks! & Other Stuff

If you are a quilter and live in the Chicago area you only have to hear one word to get your quilty blood flowing...ROSEMONT.

Starting tomorrow, Thursday, June 19, the International Quilt Festival Chicago - 2014, begins its three day run at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois. Let's be honest Midwest quilters--it just doesn't get any better. Within a mere 45 miles of my home and a reasonable admission fee of $10.00 ($8 for Seniors) you can spend the day among over 200 quilting/sewing related vendors, countless juried quilts on display, and thousand and thousands of excited happy quilters shopping, browsing, chatting, and in many cases gawking at all the cool stuff.

What quilt lover can resist?

I'm heading down tomorrow and I can't wait!
Random crowd shot from 2013 Rosemont Show.

IN OTHER 'KAREN' RELATED NEWS...

  • I've got a good start on Book 3 (Marge and Beth) and I think it is coming along nicely.
  • The Rocking Horse baby pattern and samples are DONE! I plan to debut it at the Batavia Quilt Show in July (see the events tab for dates). I might even have Quilters Spools ready by then. 
  • I received an interesting email last night from a long lost cousin of my hubby's. She read my first book (knowing that Bob was my husband) and contacted me. We have so much in common--she also has Mayflower ancestors and is a quilter! Nice to meet you Beth =)
  • I've debated announcing this because it's in the early planning stages with nothing firmed up yet so I don't want to jinx anything. But I'm so darn excited about this I'm going to throw caution (and my superstition) to the wind and spill the beans. I've been asked to be the keynote speaker at the 2015 Galena Quilt and Fiber Arts Show next June!! So save the date...well, I actually don't know the date, but as soon as I do I'll let you know when it is. Galena, Illinois is a beautiful place for a weekend visit--throw in a quilt show and I'd say it's darn near perfect!
  • I had ever so much fun at a quilting friends birthday party this past weekend. I LOVE these peeps! They are fun and enthusiastic and genuinely kind people. Here are a few pics:
Birthday Girl and good friend, Kathy
Winnie and Moe





So it's off to Rosemont tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

Comments

Popular Posts