Audiobook in the Works

A Meant-to-be-Moment...


I’m happy to announce that I am close to signing a contract with an incredible narrator and producer for the audio version of The Bunco Club

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am an avid listener of audiobooks. I love to multi-task while I’m painting/drawing, quilting, cooking, and driving any length of time. I’d so much be playing an audiobook than watching TV, listening to music, or have the radio on.

In the process of finding a narrator, I listened to pages of audio samples. There were about three that I felt were acceptable...but there was one that was perfect! I kept listening to her four samples again and again, and without over-thinking it too much (which is rare for me) I contacted her.

Within hours she wrote back to me and when I opened her email I was stunned by her first paragraph…Amy who lives in faraway Florida, Amy with the perfect voice, Amy who I was sure would be unavailable to work on my project had been in our frame shop in the Chicago suburbs only months ago with her mother! It was one of those meant-to-be moments and I don’t know what happened first—the chill that went down my spine or the smile that sprung to my face. Amy and I hit it off like long lost friends. Not only does she have a wonderful voice but she is a kind person and patient teacher; walking me through a new world of audio terminology. 

Ahhhh! I’m so excited to get this new project under way and to be sharing the journey with Amy. I'll keep you posted as to how it’s going and what our deadlines look like.

Comments

Popular Posts