Ready for Batavia

The car is packed with boxes of books, a giant tub of quilts, artwork, note cards, quilty postcards, patterns and fabric...whew! Set up is this evening at The Threads from Past to Present Textile Show in Batavia, IL.

I mentioned in an earlier post that the Batavia Show holds a special place in my heart as it was the first event where I sold and signed my book last year. After being an artist for 40+ years and schlepping endless framed and fragile pieces of art (all various sizes) I remember thinking how much easier it was to set up a booth with some books. The back, and ONLY the back portion of my van held everything I needed for my first booth. ...Oh, silly me! One year later I have added so many items to coincide with my book, or I should say books, that I am easily rivaling my old artsy schlepping days! Take a look at the following photos of my car:


So hubby Bob and I will be off shortly to set up my booth. I'm an overachiever about my booth as I am about everything else. I can't help it...when you're an artistic/creative person (all you quilters can appreiate this) you just ooze being a fussy-pants. I must admit it gets exhausting at times. Thank God my hubster is also an artist and understands my quirkiness for visual perfection.

I'm looking forward to spending the three days with my sister and helper extraordinaire, Nolly.
If you're in the Chicagoland area and looking for something that will get your creative juices flowing, come out to Batavia and enjoy a wonderful quilt show for a good cause. I hope to see you there this weekend. ...Don't forget to stop by my booth and say "Hi."

A parting shot of our cat Wrinkles trying to forestall my leaving by setting up house on one of my roller bags. When the boxes start to pile up in the dining room, he knows that Mom will be gone for a few days. ...Sorry buddy, I'll be home soon.

Comments

Popular Posts