Book 2 and Other Happenings

Book 2 in The Bunco Club Series, titled Quilters of the Bunco Club: Phree & Rosa, is finishing its stint at the editor's and could be back to me as early as sometime this week. I will make any changes and corrections, format the manuscript for Kindle and paperback, review a copy of the proof, and at some point along Indie Road, click the publish button and go live. I openly admit to being somewhat impatient -- alright, make that very impatient, and waiting is not my strong suit. After the manuscript is shot through cyber space to the editor, a lot of waiting that takes place in the next many steps. My heart is already racing, and my fingers are crossed that it could be published in 4-6 weeks!!

Here's the cover for Quilters of the Bunco Club: Phree & Rosa. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts, whether as a comment on this blog or a private email. FEEDBACK PLEASE!!

Oops... As luck would have it, I messed-up (as Leave it to Beaver's older brother, Wally, would say) and double-booked myself this past weekend. Our wonderful semi-annual quilt camp retreat was scheduled for Wednesday through Sunday, but I had also committed to being a vendor at the Pride of the Prairie Quilt Show in Crest Hill, Illinois. I missed the retreat (and from the FB pics I saw, it looks like it was fun as always) but had an incredible time at the PoP Quilt Show. There truly is nothing better than being around a group of quilters.

Many thanks to all of the women who had already read The Bunco Club and stopped by my booth to share with me how much they enjoyed the book. Also a big Thank You to all of the new readers who purchased the book for the first time. Here are a few pics from the event:

My sister Helen (aka Nolly) was a HUGE help. (Thanks to Barb for taking this photo).
Talking to quilters about books, quilt, and art-- I couldn't ask for a better combination!
I've met Cheryl Parker at another show and was happy to see her right around the corner from my booth. Cheryl rescues old machines and brings them back to life. The blue machine she is working on is a Victor treadle. If you look on the left hand side of my blog, I have a listing of Blogs Worth Checking Out...Cheryl's got a cool blog, Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting


In my humble opinion, this was the most stunning of many stunning quilts in the show. This is 365 little 3-inch houses--one for each day of a specific year. In the teeny window of the house, the quilter used various fabrics to denote what was going on that day.






The explanation that went with the above quilt.
Detail of the above quilt.
Introducing reproductions of some of my artwork--Quilters Spools. Note cards or ready-for-hanging pieces for in the sewing room.



1-3 Day Retreat
Top Shelf Quilts Quilt Shop of Frankfort, Illinois is hosting a retreat this weekend (March 14-15-16) in Tinley Park, Illinois (off I-80). It's a great deal--you can stay at the hotel or go home each night OR you can just bring your machine, a project, and make a day of it with a group of great ladies. Since I missed my usual Quilt Camp up in Michigan, I'm going to the retreat on Saturday for a one-day getaway.

As of this Monday Morning there were still some spots available. Come on, Ladies--join us for a fun day or weekend. Call Top Shelf Quilts to hold your spot: 815-806-1694.

It seems like I had more to tell you, but I'll be darned if I can remember what it was! For all of you fellow Chicagoans out there enjoy the fabulous warm weather today (high of 52 degrees) ... I hear that you-know-what is supposed to happen again on Wednesday (up to 6 inches) --UGH!!!

UPDATE: 

I received a very nice email from June J. who commented favorably about the cover for book 2 and sent me a photo of the Grandmother's Flower Garden she has been working on for two years. It's gorgeous! Check out the unique border she is doing. Karen

Thanks June--Great job and I LOVE the border!

Comments

  1. I am glad you chose to come to the show so we could run into each other! Can't wait to read your book!

    I loved that house quilt also but could never get by it when it was surrounded by admirers! Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I found myself thinking, "I wanna make one of those little house quilts." Thankfully I reigned in that thought real fast! It reminds me of the "Sky Scarf" where you knit (or I suppose crochet would be okay) a row every day for a year of what the sky looks like. Here's a link for those who may not be familiar with the Sky Scarf. It's got a video too!
      http://www.leafcutterdesigns.com/projects/sky-scarf.html

      Delete
  2. P.S. I put a link on my post about the show to your post telling everyone you got the picture I missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover! I have a New Home (but mine is a hand crank, not a treadle). Thanks for including me in your post. I just added you to my post about the show (I knew I'd forgotten something, oops). Looking forward to your new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. Always good to see you and be inspired by your enthusiasm! I'm sure we'll see more of each other as the Quilt Show Season gets underway =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts