This and That

Despite a long, frigid, and extra snowy winter (or maybe because of it) I have made good progress on several fronts. An astoundingly balmy 36 degrees today has caused many of our huge (8-10 foot) dangling icicles to release their frozen grip on our gutters and come crashing and booming to the ground. I thought this was the perfect time for a little report.

Quilters of the Bunco Club: Phree & Rosa (Book Two of The Bunco Club Series)

The initial rough draft is finished, with polishing and rewrites well underway. When I'm through with that process the manuscript will move on to a copy editor. Somewhere during this step, I'll design the cover and write the blurb. Then it will be formatted for both Kindle and paperback, uploaded, and voila...we have a book!

Quilters of the Bunco Club: Phree & Rosa will focus on two characters from The Bunco Club. Follow Phree Clarke as she builds a new future for herself with the proceeds from the Mayflower discovery. She also comes face-to-face with her feelings toward her hippie mother, and how she is forced to deal with demands from her ex. Rosa Mitchell never gives up hope that she will be reunited with her runaway son Ricky. She struggles every day wondering what happened and if she will ever see her son again, but the question that paralyzes her the most never leaves her--Is my son still alive?  


While the main focus of Quilters of the Bunco Club: Phree & Rosa is on two characters, the other six women from The Bunco Club weave their way in and out of the book keeping their strong friendship, opinions, and love of quilting alive.

I'm looking for a few beta readers. If interested, please contact me.

 

AUDIOBOOK UPDATE

I have officially approved the narrating and production for the audiobook of The Bunco Club

Sometime, approximately in the next two weeks,  the digital audio version will finally be for sale through Audible, iTunes, and Amazon. Narrator Kymberly Dakin did a fantastic job of narrating and juggling the many voices in this book. She was a breeze to work with; she was professional, prompt, and exacting about many of our Midwest pronunciations. 

I'll keep you posted when the audiobook is released. 
Cover of the audiobook.

WGN INTERVIEW

Bill Moller, WGN Radio, 720 AM, will interview me this Sunday, February 23, 2014, at 2:10 in the afternoon. Tune in if you can. I'm pretty darn excited about this interview! 

Many thanks to Bill Moller for the opportunity to tell my story on the far-reaching platform of WGN Radio.
Bill Moller, WGN Radio

PATTERNS/FABRIC/ART by KAREN

The new tab on my blog Patterns/Fabric/Art by Karen has caused a lot of interest. While my top priority is getting Book Two into a publishable state, I have been doing preliminary work on designing several patterns along with a small line of fabric. A lot of time is spent waiting for fabric samples and swatches. This project will take time, but I am making progress. I hope the quilters who read my books will be pleased with the results.

I plan to have a small line of "spool" art (framed and unframed) and note cards available for sale starting at my next event. All are reproductions of my original art work and signed by me.

Here's a teaser:
5x7" spool note cards
5x7" framed spool (Sorry about the glare)
 

SPEAKING OF EVENTS...

I've added several events over the past few weeks. Check the events tab for the latest updates. 

BURIED BY SNOW

I couldn't post without showing some of my snow photos  =)
Check out the bench

I put the snow shovel in for scale. The handle is about shoulder high on me.

Our patio table

Another shot of the bench and the depth of the snow behind it.

A sparkling curtain of icicles.
Thanks for taking the time to look. 
Have a wonderful day. 
Karen



   
 


Comments

Popular Posts