Recap of Galena Show

I had a wonderful time last weekend meeting quilters, readers, and selling my book at the Fall Quilt and Fiber Arts Show in Galena, Illinois.
My sister-in-law and brother surprised me when they showed up all the way from Racine, Wisconsin! They brought a delicious authentic Kringle for us to snack on. Thanks Liz and Bob, it was fun to see you!

Brother Bob, Liz, Karen, Husband Bob--So many Bob's!

View from the event.
Overview of the show from my booth.

Owner's of Quilter's Haven in Rockford, Illinois.
Alana and Cathy

I enjoyed meeting these ladies! I regret that I didn't get their names, but they were from Des Moines, Iowa. They each bought a book for themselves and then three more for Christmas gifts! Thanks, Des Moines ladies =)

Check out these unique hand made felted mittens...talk about warm! Susan Brusch of Heirloom Mittens is from Galena, Illinois.
Heirloom Mittens
 I met Aleta Stoler, the owner of Froebe Fibers, and we discover that we are neighbors! Froebe Fibers is located in Flossmoor, Illinois--just a couple of towns over from where I live. For all you local knitting peeps out there, Aleta has yummy hand died yarns. She is also involved with two local knitting groups, and is knowledgeable and sharing about all things knit! What a fun person. 
A must for knitters

And My favorite quilt of the show...
Pieced an quilted in the 1940s in Lincoln, Missouri, this Stars with Prairie Point Binding was truly spectacular.
Thanks to all the readers and quilters who stopped by my booth, and those that purchased my book. I feel fortunate to be able to meet so many wonderful people when I am a vendor at these shows.

Comments

  1. I had a great time too. It was so wonderful meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aleta--hope to catch up with you in the future =)
      Karen

      Delete
  2. Karen, Thanks for the Galen Re-Cap, looks like a wonderful show, glad you enjoyed it so much and met so many wonderful people. Galena is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, Moe. See you Friday at the Cottage for dinner. Can't wait--Yum!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts