A Busy and Slightly Crazy Week!

It's November, and on Monday we started the week with an inch of snow. Today, Sunday, only six days later, the temps started in the 60s and we had tornadoes raging through the upper part of Illinois. At one point, my husband, cat, and I holed up in the closet under our stairs while the sirens warned the village to take cover.
Bob holding a confused Wrinkles in our closet, where we sat on coolers and waited out the worst part of the storm

I spent a wonderful evening reconnecting with Sharon Swidler, a friend from grad school at SIU. She  had four pieces in a show at the Christopher Art Gallery, Prairie State College, Chicago Heights, Illinois. We hadn't seen each other for many years and had a great discussion about art. Congratulations, Sharon--so good to see you!
With Sharon Swidler and art work--The Diary Series.

There was a Sewing Expo just a few miles from my home this past weekend. I took a few hours to investigate if I might want to be a vendor there next year. The most fun thing that happened was running into a couple of The Bunco Club readers. We chatted for a while and they asked to take a picture with me.
Thanks Barb and Debbie for making my day!
The owner of Vogue Fabrics made a really cool and fun looking vest from 100 zippers. They were selling bags of 50 zippers for $7.00. Yes, I bought a bag! Thinking of making a purse from them. What do you think?

My favorite quilt of the show--of course, it's made with 30's reproduction fabric.


Paula Kmetty, the owner of Top Self Quilts in Frankfort, Illinois, invited me to give a talk about The Bunco Club at her quilt shop on Thursday, December 12, at 6 PM. She wrote a fun article about how we met, and shared it on the front page of her newsletter! Thanks, Paula--I'm looking forward to talking about, selling, and signing my book in your wonderful quilt shop.

With Paula Kmetty, owner of Top Shelf Quilts

I met up with a group of good friends and quilters for dinner at The Cottage on Dixie in Homewood, Illinois. The food was fabulous, and we had a fun evening with a lot of laughs.

Kathy, Geri, Karen, Mary, Sandy, and seated is Moe

Moe enjoys her double chocolaty dessert
Sandy with a BIG glass of wine!

I'll be spending the next few days preparing for the Jingle and Mingle Holiday Bizarre at Mount Carmel High School in Chicago on Thursday, November 21. I'm looking forward to going back to MC as an alumni Mom, where my son spent his four years of high school. What a great school!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts