Upcoming Events

My apologies for not blogging last week...so much for good intentions! But here I am back on my bloggedy-blog to tell you about a whole host of events coming up involving my book (and a few that are just for fun).

Sunday, June 16, Dubuque, Iowa--My husband and I had a wonderful meeting with Ted Rosean, in Dubuque, Iowa; Ted is producing the book trailer for The Bunco Club. We went over a storyboard that Ted created and I'm very excited with his ideas. I'll be taking a ton of photos over the next few days and sending them to Ted so he can pick the few that will make it into the trailer! Fun stuff for me and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Saturday, June 22, Chicago--Fun. Fun. Fun. ...The International Quilt Festival will be in Chicago, June 21-23, in Rosemont at the Convention Center. Yippee! My fav peeps and I will jump in a car (or two) and head there Saturday. It's always a fun day where we promise ourselves we won't spend much money but we always manage to find new quilty things we can't live without. *sigh* You know what they say about promises =)

Friday, June 28, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin--I will be making a Book Club appearance in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. Thank you ladies for the invitation. I look forward to meeting all of you and hope to have some fun pictures to post after the event.

Fri, Sat, Sun, July 19-21, Batavia Illinois--I will have a booth promoting and selling my book, The Bunco Club, at "Threads from Past to Present" Batavia's Quilt and Textile Show. It sounds like it's shaping up to be a fabulous show! I'm pleased to be included among the other vendors with a backdrop of over 150 contemporary and historic quilts and textile pieces. The plan right now is for my book trailer to be finished and ready to debut at the show!
Location:
Shannon Hall at the Eastside Community Center
14 N. Van Buren St.
Batavia, IL 60510
For more information: 
http://www.bataviaquiltshow.com/

Thurs, July 25--Bunco night at my house! Time to get some new recipes from Pinterest and try them out on the ladies =) 

Thurs, Aug 1, Chicago--Chicago Writer's Association and the Illinois Woman's Press Association Networking Event at:
The Hidden Shamrock
2723 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60614

Saturday, August 3, 11:00 a.m., Park Forest, IL--I have been asked to talk about my journey from "Artist to Author" at the "Gallery Coffee Talk", Tall Grass Arts Association, 367 Artists Walk, Park Forest, IL 60466.  http://www.tallgrassarts.org/ 

Saturday, August 17, Elgin, IL-- CWA Chicago Writer's Block Party. (Don't you just love that name?)

Wed-Sun, September 18-22; somewhere in rural Michigan--Five glorious days of QUILT CAMP with 23 of my closest friends =)

Fri-Sat, October 25-26; Libertyville, IL-- Tentative Looking forward to setting up my book booth at the Village Quilters of Lake Bluff and Lake Forest Quilt Show at the Libertyville Sports Complex. This show boasts of a whopping 300 quilts on display! This is my old stomping ground and I can't wait to participate in this show.

Fri-Sun, November 8-10; Galena, IL--I will be selling and promoting The Bunco Club at The Galena and Jo Daviess Quilt and Fiber Arts Show. There will be over 100 quilts on display (many antiques) at Historic Turner Hall, 115 South Bench Street, Galena, IL. Come on...it just doesn't get any better than beautiful Galena in the fall--lucky me!

So, I've finally reached the end of what I currently have on my calendar for book and quilting related events. I'll be adding to this list as future items are included on the agenda. 

Please drop by if you're close to any of these events and say HI!











Comments

Popular Posts