Book Club with Hair Debut...Oh, My!



Book Club

I had the honor of meeting a really great group of women Friday night when the Pleasant Prairie [Wisconsin] Book Club gathered to discuss The Bunco Club. My niece, Jennifer Mazzolini, suggested my book to her group last month and then hosted the discussion in her home. Jen prepared many of the recipes from the back of the book as finger food and some of the other women brought appetizers from The Bunco Club recipes.

 Check out that spread of food--YUM!
  
There were tons of insightful thoughts and questions from everyone and it was a wonderful experience for me to have such an enthusiastic discussion. Thank you Jen for being so thoughtful to choose my book for discussion and thanks to all the delightful new women I met at the monthly meeting of the Pleasant Prairie Book Club.

I just have to include a pic of my nieces, 
Jen and Val, and two of Jen's children, Mac and Niki.
I love my family!

 Hair...as they say "Everything old is new again"

 On to THE hair discussion. 

For those of you who have only seen me for the past several years on FB or more recently from the pic on the back of my book you might be wondering -- Who the heck is that in those pictures posted above or what happened to Karen's hair? My hair turned white in my late 30's and when I turned 53 I started coloring it. That was fun for about ten years and then I got tired of paying to have it colored every three weeks (white hair looks really bad when it starts to grow in...very skunk-like). So seven months ago I started to grow it out (pain in the butt) and here I am--my white spiky hair is back! I think I like it but arrrgh...on a bad day I hate it! 

Feel free to post any thoughts on any of the above. I'd like to know what you think...I really do! I answer all comments =)

As always thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed this post.



Comments

Popular Posts