Heritage Quilters Guild of South Suburbia Quilt Show

This past weekend I learned what a unique experience it is to vend at my own guild's quilt show. I knew many of the guild members as they came and went throughout the day working their volunteer shifts. I had also watched many of the quilts in the show as they were being pieced, so it was fun to see the finished products hanging in the show.

I have another show this weekend that I'm preparing for (in Sycamore/DeKalb) so I'm going to get right to the photos.

Some of my peeps from our guild: Winnie, Mary, Geri,Moe, Karen, Sandy K, and Sandy T.
With my quilt entry.
My quilt hung in the show. I LOVE 1930 reproduction patterns and fabrics.
Pat Brackman, owner of Petals & Blooms Quilts and Needlework, specializes in handwork.

Evelyn with one of her crazy quilts.
Geri with her quilt.

Moe loves Halloween!
Donna's beautiful Double Wedding Ring for her son and D-I-L.
One Block Wonder--love it!
Love this Halloween Black Cat (sorry it's a little out of focus).


Winnie and quilt
FABULOUS! This is a beauty by Judy Schank.
Well done, Geri!

Winnie with her wall hanging

Taking down the show
Geri, Winnie, and Donna help to wrap up the show.
Anyone who is part of a quilt guild knows how much work and time goes in to planning a successful quilt show. Thanks to all Heritage members who volunteered their time and talents to make this show possible...it was a great one!

Comments

Popular Posts