Preparing for the Next Few Days

In the next five days I have two library talks (one where we'll also be playing Bunco--how fun is that?!) and a quilt guild talk with trunk show. The sewing room, my office, heck my whole house reflects the frenzied scurry-mode in which I find myself this week.

The first item on the docket is 6:30 pm on Wednesday, April 9, at the Evergreen Park Library in Evergreen Park, Illinois. I'm going to talk just a little, sign books and play Bunco with everyone! If you live in the Chicagoland area and want to join in, I'd love to see you. Go to the Evergreen Park Library website and register for the event--it's free.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday, April  12, the Marshall Public Library in Marshall, Illinois, will host me at 1 pm CDT for a talk and book signing. The Marshall Public Library is located at 612 Archer Avenue, Marshall, Illinois. See the article in the TribStar.

Author Karen DeWitt to Visit Marshall 

Join us Saturday, April 12th at 1:00 pm for a book talk and signing by author Karen DeWitt. Karen will be visiting the library that afternoon, before speaking to the the National Road Quilt Guild at their meeting on Sunday, April 13th.  Karen will present her first book, The Bunco Club, which follows the lives of eight quilters as they gather once a month to play the popular no-skills dice game called Bunco. Eight women, eight months, eight individual tales merge into one compelling story of friendship.
Karen’s career as a professional artist became challenged when Multiple Sclerosis minimized the use of her right hand. As she struggled to stay creative, she not only trained her left-hand to produce artwork, but also began work on her first novel. “I’ve always loved to write, so when one door closed to me, I jumped at the chance to open a new one.”  Karen's own bunco club has met monthly for more than 20 years! She is also a life-long quilter, holds an MFA in studio art and has attended workshops at the renowned Iowa Summer Writing Festival. DeWitt lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband, Bob Barber, and they have one adult son.
Copies of The Bunco Club will be available for purchase after the program.  Please register to attend by calling or emailing the library.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The National Road Quilters Guild of Marshall, Illinois,has graciously invited me to talk at their guild meeting, present a trunk show of my quilts, and sell and sign my novels about quilters. The guild talk starts at 1:30 pm on Sunday, April 13.

So here we go with a few pictures showing the preparation of categorizing, folding, and preparing to transport the 26 quilts in my trunk show.
All Stacked Up

Organizing the Packing

Categorizing the Order
36 inches tall. One more tub ought to do it. Marshall, Illinois, here I come!
Sometime next week, after the events are but a memory and I've had time to unpack and reorganize, I'll post some photos for all to see and enjoy.

OH! OH! One more thing. I've got a page on Quilting Hub as a service provider to try to get my name out there to do guild talks. Anyone who could do me the favor of LIKING my page on Quilting Hub would be helping me a lot. If I get ten or more likes, I am "considered a sponsor" and move directly to the top of the list instead of being buried on page five or six! So PLEASE (yes, I'm begging) go on the Quilting Hub site and LIKE my page OR click the little Quilting Hub Icon (on the right hand side of this blog) under my book trailer.
BTW: it's a great site for guilds, and guild events, and and has this real cool feature where you can plug in the driving route of a trip you're taking and it will show you all the quilt shops along that route. The whole site is pretty cool for quilters. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give me, I really appreciate it.

How to Find Me on Quilting Hub:
From the HOME Page click the RESOURCES button,
then click on LISTINGS,
then click on SPEAKER or GUILD SPEAKER,
put in a LOCATION (anyplace will do),
you can scroll through them all or just go to page 5 - 6 and look for me...click on my happy FACE,
and finally click the LIKE button.
If you do all that...you are my hero!!


Comments

  1. Cheryl--Thanks for helping out with the "Like" on Quilting Hub, I really appreciate it. Packing the car with all my quilty goodies =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts