Quilter's Garden Quilt Shop & Retreat

Talk about winning the lottery!
Beth and Carol, owners of the Quilter's Garden Quilt Shop in Princeton, Illinois, invited me to talk at their monthly gathering of the "Garden Party Clubs." The presentations were scheduled for Tuesday evening, December 9, and Wednesday morning, December 10.
Now, here's the cool little wrinkle...above the quilt shop is a quilting retreat center that sleeps eight people and because the retreat just happened to be empty on Tuesday night I got to stay in the retreat all by myself! How fun is that!
Since you've all seen pictures of my trunk show quilts in previous posts, this time I'm going to post only a few pics of my quilts and then share photos of the fabulous retreat with you. Let me suggest that if you are within driving distance of Princeton, Illinois, you might enjoy getting some friends together for your own private retreat. The retreat is in an old building with 12-14 foot ceilings and looks over the active downtown of Princeton (coming from Chicago it is a wonderful breath of fresh air!).
Here's the website for the retreat: Retreat
Pricing you might ask? VERY REASONABLE! Cost: $120 per night for up to 6 people and $20 per night for each additional person.
Oh, I almost forgot--in addition Beth and Carol own an incredible women's clothing store named Sassy Sisters (right next door to the Quilter's Garden and also accessible through the quilt shop). I picked up a cool scarf at Sassy Sisters =)

LET THE PICTURES BEGIN!!

With Carol Keller, co-owner of The Quilter's Garden
Beth Rosene and Carol Keller of the Quilter's Garden
The Quilter's Garden storefront
I love this--It's in the bathroom of the Quilter's Garden so when you "sit down" this is what you see!
One of my quilts--The Gathering Basket
The finale quilt of my trunk show--Aunt Grace Circle of Friends
RETREAT CENTER:

There are three bedrooms all with twin beds--this is where I bunked for the night.





Another bedroom
Kitchen area with table
Breakfast nook
Quilt and linen storage
Two work rooms with tables for individual stations, ironing boards, design wall, and very large cutting boards.
A beautiful antique fireplace...check out the size of that cutting mat!
Sewing area with design wall
PATTERN PURCHASE:
I though this was really a cool idea. I saw a sample of the finished piece and bought the pattern at the Quilter's Garden. It's kind of hard to see the details in this photo but this is a portable ironing board with a pocket and handle to carry your large size ruler. When I finally get around to making one, I'll post a photo. It looks relatively simple...famous last words!!


Sorry I'm taking longer than usual between my blog posts.
I'm spending every moment on book three =) I'll keep you updated as to when I hand it over to the editor...soon I hope, very soon!

Comments

Popular Posts