It's Been a Crazy Busy Couple of Weeks

I've been rather neglectful with my blogging duties lately and I apologize. I got into writing mode and selfishly wanted to keep going. I must say I'm pleased with the direction Book 3 is heading...some of the details have even surprised me!

I'm also inches away from having my next pattern ready to roll, but sadly it is taking much more time than I ever dreamed. Even with the expert help I've been getting from Sandy-from-Cedar Rapids, I can't quite seem to wrap it up as fast as I'd like.

Last week I gave my guild talk, "Author, Artist, Quilter," along with a trunk show of my quilts to the String-A-Long Quilt Guild in Chesterton, Indiana. What an active group of quilters! I love that they even have men in their guild. Before my talk started Di Richards, the Indiana coordinator with the national Quilts of Valor Foundation, presented a quilt to a POW Veteran from the Korean War. It was exciting for me to witness the presentation.

Some photos from my trunk show:






Many thanks to the String-A-Long Quilt Guild for inviting me to talk about my books and show my quilts.

QUILT CAMP:
I've spent every spare moment (and there weren't that many of them) since last Thursday's guild talk getting ready for the BAQS Quilt Camp that I attend  twice a year. Twenty-four quilters convene in Michigan at a rural lodge for FIVE days of quilting...It. Is. Heaven. I leave in the morning and hope to come back home armed with photos and a few stories to share.

As always, thanks for looking.

Comments

Popular Posts