In Need of a Quilt Show Fix

I've been packing up the car today and will be heading to Dubuque, Iowa, tomorrow to take part in the Cable Car Quilters "Colors in Motion Quilt Show." As many of you might know, or have figured out by now, my hubby and I fell in love with Dubuque (and all things Iowa) when our son did his four year college stint at Loras College.
I've been expanding my vending repertoire and am excited to have added a new "grid wall" to my booth. Although I admit it wasn't all that much fun trying to get three 2 foot by 6 foot panels (with feet attached) into my van--but I did it! I also have a new batch of "Spool Art" to include with my note cards. I had sooo hoped to have my first pattern ready for sale at this show but, alas, the samples that I made are not back from the long-arm quilter yet. The pattern itself is expertly written (materials list, assembly and cutting instructions) by Sandy of Cedar Rapids. I am darn happy the two of us connected--she's been a dream to work with and the good news is I'll be meeting her in person for the first time on Friday!

New note card designs
DBQ here we come--Packed and ready to roll!

I also want to give a shout out to Top Shelf Quilts in Frankfort, Illinois. Paula and her crew welcomed me once again to talk about my books, read from Quilters of the Bunco Club: Phree & Rosa, share my quilts with a Bed Turning, and end the evening by selling and signing my books and art. Thank you Top Shelf Quilts...by far my favorite shop in this area!







I have some more packing to do so I've gotta run. Thanks for taking a peek...I should have pics up next week from Dubuque. Till then.......

Comments

Popular Posts