TWO NEWSY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Come on out to Batavia and visit my booth this weekend

I've been a little quiet on the Blog front this past week as I've been preparing for my first "Vendor Appearance" with The Bunco Club. I will be at Batavia's Quilt and Textile Show: Threads from Past to Present at the Eastside Community Center, 14 N. Van Buren Street, Batavia, IL this weekend.

Of course my tendency for over-kill slipped into high gear as I started planning the visuals for my booth. Books, check; display stands, check; quilts to cover table, check; signage...this is where I went overboard as I started assembly on a quilted sign to use as an "anchor" for my booth. While it took way longer than I would have ever dreamed, I'm happy with the results and glad I did it!

Quilted sign for my Vendor Booth at the Batavia Quilt Show

Aside from my "eye-catching booth" there will be many fabulous things to see including a special display of quilts using historic Civil War Era patterns, Free Demos, concessions, a vendors hall, raffles, not to mention a lovely quilt show with 160+ contemporary and historical quilts on display.  I have no idea if this little marketing scheme of mine is going to work or be a bust, but I know that anything to do with quilters is always fun and I'm sure to be inspired by the 160+ quilts that will be on display!

Show Hours:
Friday 1 - 6 pm
Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday 10 am - 5 pm
Admission: $6.00 general / $5.00 seniors

REALLY REALLY EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT

Listen to Chapter 1 from the Audiobook of The Bunco Club!

The contract for the audio book has been signed and I am really and truly thrilled to be working with the talented narrator and producer, Amy Berger. I'm not going to blah, blah my way through this post--I'm just going to let you click on the audio below and listen to it yourself! 
 


Please leave a comment so Amy and I will know if we're on track (or simply check one of the "Reactions" at the end of the post)--you can be anonymous if you like. 

Comments

Popular Posts