Meet Toneal Jackson, "The Queen of Multitasking"

I had the pleasure of meeting Toneal Jackson a few months ago when she was a on a panel discussing the pros and cons of traditional versus independent-publishing. I boldly walked up to her that day, introduced myself, and suggested we might do a "trade"...I'd interview her for my blog and she would consider me for an interview on her Inspirational Talk Show. Yikes--I still can't believe I had the nerve to do that! But she has graciously answered my questions, and will be in touch with me about an interview for her show.

Anyone who has read my novel, The Bunco Club, knows that family and motherhood is important to me and my book. I sense that Toneal has similar priorities about family. I am impressed with all that Toneal has accomplished and continues to achieve. Talk about a busy woman wearing a lot of different hats AND doing it well!

Thank you, Toneal, for hanging out on my blog with me!



You are an award winning author with six published books (very impressive). Briefly tell us about them.
With my first book, Pleasing Your Partner: A Spiritual Guide to H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S., I ranked #3 as the 2011 National Black Book Festival's Best New Author. It discusses issues that hinder relationships, and employs the acronym to provide solutions.





Four Girls: A Lot of Choices is a children's book that discusses the trials and smiles of parenthood.









It's A Way to Say It All: Volumes 1& 2: How to Communicate with Your Partner, and Kids provide effective communication techniques to overcome barriers these relationships can present. 







Inspiration from A.B.O.V.E. employs a combination of personal narrative and poetry used to teach its readers how to transform any situation into an opportunity for personal growth. It was awarded the Silver Medal in the 2013 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards.







Four Girls Learn Their Colors is a rhyming tale that teaches children how to differentiate between primary and secondary colors.








What inspired you to write your first book?
It was divine inspiration. At the time I wrote this book, so many individuals were going through difficulties in their relationships. Typically, I provide counseling sessions; this book gives much of the advice I would normally tell my clients.

Not only are you an author, you are also a licensed evangelist & youth leader, a motivational speaker, a radio personality, an educator, and last, but certainly not least, a wife and mother. With such a full-plate, how do you find or make time to write?
I love everything that I do, so I just find a way to make the necessary adjustments. Most of the time, I don't even think about all that I do - I just do it; thinking about it takes more energy than actual execution. It may be the reason why many refer to me as "The Queen of Multitasking"!


Who designed your book cover(s) and how do you feel about them?
I designed all of my covers but one. Overall, I like them.

What is the name of your radio show, when is it aired, and what is its mission? Do you have a favorite/memorable show that you can share with us?
My show, Inspirational Talk with Toneal, airs Tuesdays at noon on Blog Talk Radio. Its mission is to promote inspirational leaders with positive messages that will encourage and empower others. This is my third season, and I have enjoyed all my guests; no, I don't really have a favorite.

Do you have any projects on which you are currently working?
Yes, right now I'm working on my first collaboration project with Dominique Wilkins. She's Out. I'm In is the best of both worlds; it provides entertaining relationship scenarios with real solutions. It will be available in time for the holidays!
 
What do your plans for future projects include?
On November 15th, I am officially launching my business, Authors Promoting Success. It not only provides a literary support group, but it also offers an array of professional and promotional services to assist authors build, brand, and boost their business. For more information, please visit:
Authors Promoting Success

Do you have any advice for other writers?
My advice is to follow your heart. Determine what you want to accomplish in this industry, and do all you can to make those dreams come true. Finally, don't be afraid to align yourself with others. So many authors feel as though they can succeed on their own. You will find, as my organizational mantra states, "We are better together"!

What do you do for downtime or me-time (hobbies, etc)?
I am a HUGE NBA fan. Now that basketball season has started, mostly all of my spare time is spent watching a game!

Do you have a website, blog, Twitter, or Facebook Page that you’d like to share so people can connect with you and learn more about you and your books?
Sure; anyone looking to connect with me can either find me on LinkedIn; friend me on Facebook ; follow me on Twitter @tjmonique; or visit my website: www.tonealsto-dos.org


Thank you, Toneal for agreeing to be a guest on my blog and for being an inspiration to so many people.

Comments

Popular Posts